Head of the Department — Galina I.Solyanik
Tel +38 (044) 257-94-16
- Tumor progression
- Mechanisms of tumor angiogenesis antiangiogenic therapy
- Antymetabolic antitumor therapy
- Mechanisms of paraneoplastic syndrome and development of methods for its correction
- Mathematical modeling for the retrieval and analysis of generalized patterns in the mechanisms of emergence, growth and progression of malignant tumors
- antimetabolite antitumor therapy, energy metabolism, paraneoplastic syndrome, humoral and cell immunity
- Research directions
Main directions of research
Main directions of research at the Department are the study of mechanisms of tumor cell survival under metabolic stress and the search for tumor cell death inductors with capability to create or enhance disbalance between high tumor cell requirements in energy and low energy production.
Those directions include:
- Study of tumor cell death and autophagy (apoptosis, necrosis, autophagy associated cell death) under different metabolic stresses
- Dimension of changes in energy potential (intensity of oxidative phosphorilation and glycolysis, cell ATP level) those provide tumor cell survival under metabolic stress
- Study of metabolic stress influence on pro- (ROS and NO levels) and antioxidant tumor cell status (main antioxidant enzyme activity)
- Study of cell protein and lipid oxidative metabolism
- Study of metabolic stress influence on functional state of tumor cell mitochondria
- Study of angiogenesis associated cytokines (VEGF, TNF-alpha) influence on survival of tumor cell with different sensitivity to metabolic stress
- Analysis of tumor cell capacity to restorative growth after metabolic stress elimination (autophagy associated tumor cell death reversibility or irreversibility)
- Study of functional activity changes in peritoneal macrophages under hypoxia and glucose deficit (their ability to switch from cytotoxic activity to proangiogenic)
- Study of effect by oxyresveratrol and sodium dichloroacetate on tumor cell survival under metabolic stress
Understanding of mechanisms of tumor cell tolerance to metabolic stress are important not only for creating new anticancer drugs, but also for increasing the efficacy of anticancer antiangiogenic therapy that directed to the generation of «metabolic catastrophe» by inhibition of tumor angiogenesis
New mathematic methods and models for analysis of experimental results are actively elaborate at the Department. It was created and approved new phenomenological model for estimation of tumor cell growth kinetic characteristics in «unfed culture»
Pre-clinical studies of test-agents with anticancer, antimetastatic and antiangiogenic effects perform at the Department. The studies of test-agent safety and their accordance with the requirements of the State Pharmacological Centre of Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine carry out too. High qualification of collaborates and wide experimental base, that includes cell lines, malignant tumor strains and laboratory animals are promote for high quality performance.
Department is main research base for Sequent Development LLC. Sequent Development provides high quality low cost pre-clinical drug development services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Galyna Solyanik is Director of Quality Assurance for Sequent Development.
- «Study of metabolic stress effect (deficiency of glucose and hypoxia) on tumor cell survival and energy state». — Natl Ac Sci of Ukraine, 2010-2012.
- «Molecular-genetic mechanisms of paraneoplastic syndrome manifestation associated with tumor angiogenesis, and possible approaches of morbid change correction» — scientific program of Natl Ac Sci of Ukraine, 2012-2016.
- Solyanik G, Misin V, Pyaskovskaya ON, Banakchevich N, Ogay Yu. Correction of the cancer therapy-induced anemia by the grape polyphenol concentrate Enoant. In: Pierce GN, Mizin VI, Omelchenko A, eds. Advanced bioactive compounds countering the effects of radiological, chemical and biological agents. Strategies to counter biological damage. Series: NATO Science for Peace and Security Series A: Chemistry and Biology. Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht, 2013: 43-54.
- Skivka LM, Shvets YV, Khranovska NM, Fedorchuk OG, Pozur VV, Senchilo NV. Synergistic effect of toll-like receptor agonists on human monocyte-derived dendritic cells maturation in vitro. Biopolymers and Cell 2012; 28: 1-5.
- Fedorchuk OG, Pyaskovskaya OM, Skivka LM, Gorbik GV, Trompak OO, Solyanik GI. Paraneoplastic syndrome in mice bearing high-angiogenic variant of Lewis lung carcinoma: relations with tumor derived VEGF. Cytokine 2012; 57: 81-88.
- Nosko MM, Pivnyuk VM, Solyanik GI, Kulik GI, Todor IN, Momot VY, Melnikov OR, Ponomareva OV, Chekhun VF. Biodistribution analysis of cisplatin in liposomal form in animals with cisplatin-resistant and cisplatin-sensitive carcinoma. Exp Oncol 2010; 32: 40-43.
- Solyanik GI, Sorokina LV, Pyatchanina T. The evaluation of prooxidant and antioxidant state оf two variants of Lewis Lung Carcinoma tumors: a comparative study. Exp Oncol 2010; 32: 249-253.
- Potebnya GP, Skivka LM, Pozur VV, Rudik MP, Senchilo NV, Fedorchuk OG, Khranovska NM. Influence of teichoic acid from S.aureus on metabolic activity of macrophages and cytotoxic activity of splenocytes of mice bearing Lewis lung carcinoma. Exp Oncol 2008; 30: 220-223.
- Kolesnik DL, Pyaskovskaya ON, Boychuk IV, Dasyukevich OI, Melnikov OR, Tarasov AS, Solyanik GI. Effect of dichloroacetate on Lewis lung carcinoma growth and metastasis. Exp Oncol 2015; 37: 126-129.
- Pyaskovskaya ON, Boychuk IV, Fedorchuk AG, Kolesnik DL, Dasyukevich OI, Solyanik GI. Modification of dichloroacetate antitumor activity against Ehrlich carcinoma with the use of aconitine-containing agent. Exp Oncol 2015; 37: 192-196.
- Skivka LM, Fedorchuk OG., Susak YM, Susak MY, Malanchuk OM, Rudyk MP, Nowicky YW. Physical activity interferes with the immunomodulatory effect of the antineoplastic drug NSC631570. Cur Pharm Biotechnol 2015; 15: 49-59.
- Zabolotnyy M, Dovbeshko G, Solyanyk G, Kondratskyy Y, Estrela-Lyopis V, Kulysh M, Dmytrenko O, Poluyan N, Busko T. Main problems of anticancer drug modification. Вісн Київського нац університету ім. Тараса Шевченка 2015; 1: 42-44.
- Fedorchuk AG, Pyaskovskaya ON, Gorbik GV, Prokhorova IV, Kolesnik DL, Solyanik GI. Effectiveness of sodium dichloroacetate against glioma С6 depends on administration schedule and dosage. Exp Oncol 2016; 38: 80-83.
- Rudyk MP, Fedorchuk OG, et.al. Introduction of antineoplastic drug NSC631570 in an inpatient and outpatient setting: Comparative evaluation of biological effects. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016; 11: 308-317.
- Pyaskovskaya ON, Kolesnik DL, Fedorchuk AG, Prochorova IV, Solyanik GI. 2-deoxy-D-glucose enchances dichloroacetate antitumor action against Lewis lung carcinoma. Exp Oncol 2016; 38: 176-180.