Laureate of the O.V. Palladin Prize of NAS of Ukraine
Tel +38 (044) 259-91-95
- Polyamines' role and molecular pathways in the tumor growth; interrelations between the polyamines metabolism and oncogenes expression
- Anticancer effect of the polyamines metabolism inhibitors and elaboration of the methods to apply synthetic and natural inhibitors/modulators of the polyamines and arginine metabolism to treatment of the cancer diseases
- Estimation of prognostic value of the new molecular markers (NF-кB, ODC, etc.) for the cancer patients
- Peculiarities of the polyamines metabolism in the blood cells and bone marrow of the patients with acute and chronic lymphoid leukemia and their role in the disease pathogenesis Evaluation of the polyamines metabolism indices as the diagnostic and prognostic criteria for different forms and cytological variants of the lymphoid neoplasms
- Antitumor and antioxidant activity of plant polyphenolics
- polyamines, arginine, inhibitors of polyamines synthesis, oncogenes expression, molecular markers, diagnostics, clinical course prognosis, leukemia, breast cancer, plant polyphenols
- Scientific activities
- 1968-1973 — Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Taras Shevchenko State University of Kyiv), Biology Department (Chair of Biophysics), MS in Biophysics
- 1973-1976 — Postgraduate Student at the Institute of Problems of Oncology of AS of Ukr.SSR (specialty ― oncology)
- 1977 — Candidate of Biology (Ph.D. (Biol.)), specialty “14.00.14 ― oncology”
- 2007 — Doctor of Biology, specialty “14.01.07 ― oncology”
- 1973–1976 — graduate school in Institute of Oncology Problems of AS UkrSSR, specialty “14.00.14 ― oncology”
- 1976 – 1983 — j. s. s. of Department of tumor biochemistry in R.E.Kavetsky Institute of Oncology Problems of AS UkrSSR;
- 1983 – 2001 — s. s. s. of Department of tumor biochemistry in R.E.Kavetsky IEPOR of NAS Ukraine;
- 2002 – 2008 — acting head of Department of tumor biochemistry in R.E.Kavetsky IEPOR of NAS Ukraine;
- 2008 – February 2016 — head of Department of tumor growth biochemistry in R.E.Kavetsky IEPOR of NAS Ukraine;
- February 2016 – till now — acting head of Department of tumor biochemistry and oncopharmacology in R.E.Kavetsky IEPOR of NAS Ukraine
Scientific-methodical and organizational work
- Member of Scientific Council of the Institute
- Member of Qualification Scientific Council D 26.155.01 of the R.E. Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology of NAS of Ukraine
- Member of the Specialized Board of Experts in preliminary defense of a thesis in the R.E. Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology of NAS of Ukraine
- Head of the cell of Ukrainian Biochemical Society in the R.E. Kavetsky IEPOR
Membership in Organizations
- Member of the Society of Oncologists of Ukraine
- Member of the Ukrainian Biochemical Society
- Member of the European Biochemical Society
- STCU grant №4894 «Development of nanotechnology of nanoplant composites and investigation of their antitumor and antioxidant activities» (2011-2013)
- Project «Impact of ROS-generating systems on the polyamine- and NO-mediated signaling networks in development and metastasis of experimental tumors» (Target Program of Scientific Studies of the Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Molecular Biology of NAS of Ukraine «Functional Genomics and Metabolomics in Systemic Biology» (2012-2016)
- Project «Study of Biochemical Mechanisms of Antitumor Activity of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum L.)» (under the contract between the R. E. Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology of NAS of Ukraine and ESC «Institute of Biology» of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (03.2012-12.2017)
- Project «Study of Molecular Mechanisms of Antiblastic Effect of Plant Polyphenols on the Sensitive and Resistant to Cytostatics Tumor Cells» (Program of NAS of Ukraine «Study of Mechanisms of Regulation of Tumor Cells Resistance to Cytostatic Factors and Search for the Methods of Suppression of Expression of Genes Participating in Formation of Drug Resistance» (2007-2011)
- Project «Impact of Consumption of Soy products on the Growth of Tumors in Experimental Animals and Concomitant Biochemical and Hematological Indexes» (Program of NAS of Ukraine «The Novel Medical and Biological Problems and Human Environment» (2007-2009)
- STCU grant (Gr_122j) «Creating of plant bioconcentrates with antiradiation and anticarcinogenic action on the base of polyphenols and working out industrial technology for their production» (2005 - 2007)
- CRDF grant (№ UB1-2446-KV-02) «Role of polyamines in transcriptional regulation of gene involved in neoplastic growth» (2002-2004)
- VIII Parnas Conference — Warsaw, Poland, August 27-31, 2011.
- International Conference and Exhibition on Nutritional Science & Therapy, Aug 27-29, 2012, Hilton Philadelphia Center City, USA.
- Congress of Oncologists and Radiologists of СIS, Аstana, 05-07.09. 2012.
- Congress «Polyamines: Biological and Clinical Perspectives» Istanbul, Turkey, 2-7 September 2012.
- II Ukrainian-Swedish Workshop «Translational Oncology: Old and New Paradigms» — Kyiv, Ukraine, May 20-21, 2013.
- IX Jakub K. Parnas conference «Proteins from birth to death» — Jerusalem, Israel, September 29 — October 2, 2013.
- Scientific Conference “Biologically active substances: Fundamental and Applied Problems” - Novy Svet, AR Crimea, Ukraine, May 27–June 1, 2013.
- XIII International Conference «Primary Therapy of Early Breast Cancer». — Sankt-Gallen, Switzerland, March 13-16, 2013.
- 11th International Congress on Targeted Anticancer Therapies, Paris, France, 4-6 March 2013
- 9th European Breast Cancer Conference — Glasgow, Scotland, March 19-21, 2014.
- XI Biochemical Congress — Kyiv, Ukraine, October 6-10, 2014.
- 40th FEBS Congress «The biochemical Basis of Life» –– Berlin, Germany, July 4-9, 2015.
- JSMO Annual meeting «Fight against Deadly cancer» — Sapporo, Japan, July 16-18, 2015.
- Research-and-practice conference «Personification of hormone-dependent tumors treatment» - Yaremche, Ukraine, October 15-16, 2015.
- 12th International Conference of the Asian Clinical Oncology Society – New Delhi, India, April 8-10, 2016.
- XIII Congress of Oncologists and Radiologists of Ukraine – Kyiv, Ukraine, May 26-28, 2016.
Number of articles in journals: 109
Number of papers delivered: 130
Number of monographs: 2
- S.P. Zaletok, S.V. Gogol, O.O. Klenov, G.B. Artamonova, Yu.V. Yanish, V.V. Bentrad, O.V. Karnaushenko, Knyrik M.V. Norarginine enhances the antitumor activity of inhibitors of polyamines synthesis in vivo. Oncology 2017; 19: (In Ukrainian).
- V.O. Shlyakhovenko. Ribonucleases. Possible new approach in cancer therapy. Exp Oncol 2016; 38: 2-8.
- Yu.V. Yanish, A.B. Artamonova, S.P. Zaletok. Impact of arginine and polyamines metabolism modulators on the arginaze activity and nitrogen oxides production by cells of Ehrlich carcinoma in vivo. Clinical Oncology (Kyiv) 2016; №3: 89-91 (In Ukrainian).
- Orlovsky О.А., Samoylenko О.А., Shlyakhovenko V.O. «Transcription factor binding sites in a structural gene: what may be this? East European Scientific Journal (EESJ) 2016; 6 (10), Part 3: 62-8.
- Bentrad V.V., Zaletok S.P., Makai S. The role of Methi (fenugreek) on growth of grafted tumors in experimental animals. J. of Carcinogenesis 2016;1: 61-2.
- V.O. Shlyakhovenko, S.P. Zaletok, S.V. Gogol, A.A. Klenov, Yu.V. Janish, A.P. Burlaka, O.A. Glavin, M.O. Druzhina, A.V. Verbynenko, E.V. Karnaushenko. Antitumor effect of reactive oxygen species in artificial ROS-generating systems. Oncology 2016; 18: 283-8.
- S.Zaletok, L.Gulua, L. Wicker, S.Gogol, O.Orlovsky, O.Karnaushenko, A.Verbinenko, V.Milinevska, O. Samoylenko, I.Todor, T. Turmanidze. Extracts of green tea, red wine and lemon reduce in vivo growth of experimental tumors and toxicity of anticancer drugs. Experimental Oncology 2015; 37: 262-71.
- Samoilenko О.А., Milinevska O.A., Karnaushenko O.V., Shlyakhovenko V.A., Zaletok S.P. Effect of the polyamine metabolism inhibitors on tumor growth and metastasis of Lewis lung carcinoma in mice. Experim. Оncol 2015; 37: 154-5.
- Shapochka D.O., Zaletok S.P., Gnidyuk М.І. Features of NF-κB and ODC expression in tumors of patients with dreast cancer with different molecular profiles. Oncology 2014; 16: 33-9.
- Orlovsky A.A., Klenov O.A., Zaletok .S., Chekhun V.F. Application of cancerolysis reaction to primary screening of clinical foods activity. Siberian J. Oncol 2014; 61: 29-32 (in Russian).
- Shlyakhovenko V.O., Orlovsky O.А., Zaletok S.P. Simple methods for screening of potential anticancer agents and other remedies. Physics of the alive 2014; №1-2: 56-60.
- Shapochka D.O., Zaletok S.P., Gnidyuk M.I. Molecular and biological features of breast cancer. Clinical oncology 2013; № 2: 138-42 (In Ukrainian).
- Zhylenko V.V., Zaletok S.P. Impact of fenugreek on the level of malondialdehyde in organs and some hematological indexes of animals with transplanted tumors. Sibirskij onkologicheskij zhurnal 2013; №.2: 58-61 (In Russian).
- Shapochka D.O., Zaletok S.P., Gnidyuk M.I. Expression of Molecular Markers in Tumours of Patients with Breast Cancer. J. Cytol. Histol 2013; 4: 184-9.
- Samoilenko O., Zaletok S., Chekhun V. The 11th International Congress on Targeted Anticancer Therapies. Paris, 4-6 March 2013 (TAT 2013). Exp. Oncol 2013; 35: 231-5.
- Zhylenko V.V., Zaletok S.P. Study of impact of fenugreek extract on the growth of Ca755 mammary gland carcinoma in mice. Ukr. zhurnal klin. i lab. medytsyny 2012; 4: 96-101 (In Ukrainian).
- Shapochka D.O., Zaletok S.P., Gnidyuk M.I. Relationship between NF-?B expression and molecular profile (ER, PR, Her2/neu, Ki67, p53) in tumors of patients with breast cancer. Exp. Oncol 2012; 34: 358-63.
- Zaletok S.P., Shlyakhovenko V.O., Verbinenko A.I., Gogol S.V., Klenov O.O., Gulua L.K. Impact of synthetic and natural modifiers of polyamine metabolism on the development of experimental leucosis P388 in mice, level of DNA methylation and content of polyamines in leucosis cells. Oncology 2012; 14: 145-9 (In Ukrainian).
- Samoylenko O., Zaletok S., Orlovsky O., Gogol S. Additive antitumor effect of plant polyphenols and a synthetic inhibitors of polyamines biosynthesis. Exp. Oncol 2011; 33: 186-9.
- Zaletok S.P., Shlyakhovenko V.O., Orlovsky O.A., Gogol S.V., Klenov O.O., Karnaushenko O.V., Verbinenko A.V., Samoilenko O.A., Milinevska V.O. Study of possibility of enhancement of antitumor effect of glycopeptide vaccines using plant polyphenols. Visnyk farmakolohiyi ta farmatsiyi 2010; № 7: 13-8 (In Ukrainian)
- Zaletok S., Gulua L., Gogol S., Orlovsky A., Samoylenko E., Klenov O., Chekhun V., Mchedishvili N., Omiadze N., Abutidze M. Antioxidant, antitumor and antitoxic activities of biocomposite from green tea and red wine lees. Sovremennaja medicina 2010; 16: 29-32.
- Zaletok S.P. Role of polyamines in carcinogenesis and tumor growth // Oncology. Selected lections for students and doctors / ed. V.F. Chekhun. — Kyiv, 2010. — P. 354-369. (In Ukrainian)
- Klenov O.V., Zaletok S.P., Orlovsky O.A., Gogol S.V., Burlaka D.P. Prospects of application of soy products in treatment nutrition of cancer patients. Oncology 2009; 11: 232-6 (In Ukrainian).
- Orlovsky O.A., Zaletok S.P., Sharkova N.O. Experimental data concerning the issue of differential approach to the soy clinical nutrition at tumors of different hormone-dependence. Ukr. zhurnal klin. lab. medytsyny 2009; 4: 152-7 (In Ukrainian).
- Zaletok S.P., Orlovsky O.A., Gogol S.V., Alexandrova N.O., Samoilenko O.A., Ihnatenko N.A., Klenov O.O., Zhylenko V.V. Molecular functions of polyamines at neoplastic growth, their role in regulation of functioning of transcription factor NF-kB in cells of experimental tumors. Likarska sprava (Vrachebnoe delo) 2009; № 1-2: 68-79 (In Ukrainian).
- Glavin O.A., Mikhailenko P.M., Zaletok S.P, Gulua L. Effects of biocomposites from green tea and black tea on endogenous synthesis, metabolism and genotoxic effects of carcinogenic N-nitrosodimethylamine. Еxp. Oncol 2008; 30: 306-14.
- Zaletok S. Aleksandrova N. Berdynskykh N., Ignatenko N., Gogol S., Orlovsky A., Tregubova N., Gerner E., Chekhun V. Role of polyamines in the function of nuclear transcription factor NF- B in breast cancer cells. Exp. Oncol 2004; 26: 221-5.
- Svinarev V.I., Zaletok S.P., Chuprikov A.P. et al. The polyamines and schizophrenia (monograph) — Kyiv.: «Еks Оb», 1999. — 174 p. (In Russian).
- Berdinskikh N.K., Ignatenko N.A., Zaletok S., Ganina K.P., Chornij V.A. Ornithine decarboxylase activity and polyamine content in adenocarcinomas of human stomach and large intestine. Intеrnational Journal of Cancer 1991; 47: 496-8.
- Berdynskykh N.K., Zaletok S.P. Polyamines and tumor growth (monograph) — Kyiv, «Naukova Dumka», 1987. — 141 p. (In Russian).
- Medal «In memory of 1500 years of Kiev» (1983)
- The O.V. Palladin Prize of Presidium of NAS of Ukraine for the monograph «Polyamines and Tumor Growth» (1989)
- Diploma of Verkovna Rada of Ukraine of Merits for Ukrainian people (2010)