On October 14-16, 2014, KyivExpoPlaza Exhibition Center (2-B Salyutnaya Str., Building # 1, Conference Room # 2) hosted an information and communication event entitled «Scientific and Technological Support of the Military & Industrial Complex of Ukraine».
The event was attended by military experts, leading scientists of research institutions and universities, engineers and designers of state-owned enterprises, heads of ministries and other central executive bodies, National Academies of Sciences, representatives of institutions and organizations of the military-industrial complex, and students of leading universities.
RE Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology of the National Academy of Sciences also participated in the exhibition and took part on some sections. Our booth demonstrated developments of the Department of Physico-Chemical Mechanisms of Sorption Detoxication (headed by Volodymyr G. Nikolaev, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Prof., Dr.Sci.(Med.), Honored Worker of Science of Ukraine, Laureate of the USSR State Prize in Science and Technology), and the Department of Experimental Cancer Therapeutics (headed by Galyna I. Solyanik, Prof., Dr. Sci.). At the booth, we presented developments which are already being implemented into practice of military medicine and health care, and those with a high potential for implementing.
During the exhibition, developments of our institution were presented to representatives of ministries, departments and academies of science by Vasyl F. Chekhun, Director of the Institute, Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
During the event, a conference was held. It consisted of 3 sections, including:
- New Technologies and Materials for Modern Military Weapons, Equipment and Systems for Protecting the Territory and Objects
- New Technologies for Military Medicine
- Information Technology: Problems dealing with Transmission and Protection of Information
Our institution participated in the 2nd section, «New Technologies for Military Medicine» moderated by Sergij V. Komisarenko, Member of the National Academies of Sciences and Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Prof., Dr. Sci.) with 2 presentations:
- «Applied Aspects of Sorption Therapy» by Volodymyr G. Nikolaev, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Prof., Dr.Sci.(Med.)
- «Multifunctional Nanoparticle Agent for the Treatment of Wounds and Burns» by Ihor K. Hayetsky, PhD, Senior Researcher