Head of the Laboratory — Lubov G. Buchinskaya
Laureate of the O.O. Bogomolets Award of NAS of Ukraine
Tel +38 (044) 259-08-75
- Medical genetic counseling as the first stage of examination of patients with personal or family history of gynecological cancer to promote cancer screening and preventive measures in women from Kyiv region
- Investigation of modifiable risk factors and gene/environmental interactions in gynecological cancer development and prognosis to better understand whether, how and to which degree environmental as well as lifestyle risk factors modify the susceptibility for endometrial and ovarian cancer
- Reliable identification of molecular changes in epithelial endometrial and ovarian cancer for more comprehensively and scientifically grounded development of new diagnostic modalities for these malignancies
- Endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer, cancer genetics, DNA damage, DNA repair, prognostic markers, family history of cancer
- A study of genomic instability (DNA damage, DNA repair capacity, chromosomal aberrations) in peripheral blood lymphocytes of patients with gynecological cancer considering family history of cancer
- A study of histotopographic features of lymphocytic infiltrate and its composition (CD4+, CD8+, FOXP3+-lymphocytes and tumor-associated macrophages) in endometrial cancer to assess the interaction between tumor microenvironment and cancer progression
- Analysis of sensitivity of peripheral blood lymphocytes and tumor cells of endometrial and ovarian cancer patients to environmental factors exposure (genotoxic agents — mytomicin C, bleomycin; HPV) as potential contributors to DNA damage
- A Study of biomolecular markers expression (р53, Ki-67, р14ARF, HDM2, p21WAF1/CIP1, p16INK4a, RB, E2F1, Cyclin D1, progesterone and estrogens receptors) as the basis for determining the biological characteristics of tumor growth in the endometrium and ovary
- Medical genetic counseling of patients with endometrial and ovarian cancer that aims on screening of individuals with family history of cancer, determining the type of its inheritance and cancer risk assessment in offspring
- «The study of genetic background and environmental factors for implementation of inherited susceptibility to cancer» in the framework of complex interdisciplinary program of scientific researches of National academy of sciences of Ukraine «Fundamental basis of molecular and cell biotechnologies» (2010-2014)
- «Genetic instability in ovarian epithelial cells of women at high risk of ovarian cancer» Grant for young scientist from National academy of sciences of Ukraine (2011-2012)
- «Identification of cell signal cascades involved in Epstein-Barr virus induced transformation» in the framework of join research with centre of microbiology and biology of tumors of Carolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden (2008-2012)
- Personalized treatment of hormone-dependent tumors, Yaremche, Ukraine, October 17-18, 2015
- European Conference on Epstein-Barr virus and associated malignances, Stockholm, Sweden, June 15-16, 2015
- 6th WMS World Congress on Targeting Mitochondria, Berlin, Germany, October 28-30, 2015
- Molecular Pathology Approach to Cancer, 4th EACR-OECI Joint Training Course, Netherlands, Amsterdam, 5-7 may 2014
- 50 years of EBV, Oxford, UK, March 23-25, 2014
- XII KI Cancer Retreat, Djuronäset, Sweden, Sep 29-30, 2014
- Second Ukrainian-Swedish Workshop «Translational oncology: old and new paradigms» dedicated to the 95th anniversary of the foundation of NASU, May 20-21, 2013, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Chekhun V.F., Polishchchuk L.Z., Buchynska L.G. Clinical oncogenetics. Ch. 5, in Genetic medicine / Edited by V.N. Zaporozhan Odessa: Odessa State Medical University 2008: 222-62 (in Russian).
- Buchynska L.G., Iurchenko N.P., Verko N.P., Nekrasov K.A., Kashuba V.I. FOXP3 gene promoter methylation in tumor cells of endometrial cancer patients. Experimental oncology 2015; 37 (4): 246-9.
- Buchynska L.G., Brieieva O.V., Nekrasov K.A., Proskurnya L.A. The study of mismatch-repair status in endometrial cancer patients with a family history of cancer. Experimental oncology 2015; 37 (4): 272-6.
- Mushtaq M., Darekar S., Klein G., Kashuba E. Different Mechanisms of Regulation of the Warburg Effect in Lymphoblastoid and Burkitt Lymphoma Cells. PLoS One. 2015 Aug 27;10(8): e0136142.
- Darekar S.D., Mushtaq M., Gurrapu S., Kovalevska L., Drummond C., Petruchek M., Tirinato L., Di Fabrizio E., Carbone E., Kashuba E. Mitochondrial ribosomal protein S18-2 evokes chromosomal instability and transforms primary rat skin fibroblasts. Oncotarget 2015 Aug 28;6(25): 21016-28.
- Buchynska L., Brieieva O., Glushchenko N., Vorobyova L., Bilyk O. DNA repair deficiency in peripheral blood lymphocytes of endometrial cancer patients with a family history of cancer. BMC Cancer. 2014; 14:765. doi: 10.1186/1471-2407-14-765.
- Glushchenko N.M., Nesina I.P., Iurchenko N.P., Proskurnya L.A., Buchynska L.G. Risk assessment of cancer of the female reproductive system. Experimental Oncology 2014; 36(3): 207-211.
- Iurchenko N.P., Glushchenko N.M., Buchynska L.G. Comprehensive analysis of intratumoral lymphocytes and FOXP3 expression in tumor cells of endometrial cancer. Experimental Oncology 2014; 36(3):262-66.
- Nesina IP, Iurchenko NP, Nespryad’ko S.V., Buchynska L.G. The study of chromosomal instability in patients with endometrial cancer. Experimental Oncology 2014, 36(3): 202-206.
- Bilyk O.O., Pande N.T., Pejovic T., Buchynska L.G. The frequency of human papillomavirus types 16, 18 in upper genital tract of women at high risk of developing ovarian cancer. Experimental Oncology 2014; 36(2):121-124.
- Shevchuk Z., Filip A., Shevchuk V., Kashuba E. Number of Langerhans cells is decreased in premalignant keratosis and skin cancers. Experimental Oncology 2014; 36(1): 34-37.
- Akor-Dewu M.B., Yamani N., Bilyk O., et al. Leucocytes isolated from simply frozen whole blood can be used in human biomonitoring for DNA damage measurement with the comet assay. Cell Biochem and Function 2014; 32(3): 299-302.
- Gluschenko N.M.., Iurchenko N.P., Nesina І.P., Buchynska L.G. Clinical genealogical and genetic mathematical approach to assessment of predisposition to gynecological cancer. Oncology 2013; 15(2): 104-107 (in Russian).
- Buchynska L.G., Grinkevych V.M., Svintsitsky V.S., Romanenko O.V. Biomolecular markers for predictive assessment of individual prognosis of ovarian cancer patients. Oncology 2013; 15(1): 37-39 (in Russian).
- Buchynska L.G., Bilyk E.A., Pejovic T. Analysis of sensitivity of DNA of ovarian epithelial cells to genotoxic factors in women with genetic predisposition to cancer. Oncology 2012; 14, №3: Р. 197-201 (in Russian).
- Bilyk E.A., Buchynska L.G., Polishcuk L.Z., Pejovic T. Morphological and immunohistochemistry features of fallopian tubes and ovaries in women with genetic predisposition to ovarian cancer. Problems in oncology 2012; 58, №4: Р. 507-514 (in Russian).
- Bilyk O.O., Pande N.T., Buchynska L.G. Analysis of p53, p16INK4a, pRb and Cyclin D1 expression and human papillomavirus in primary ovarian serous carcinomas. Exp. Oncology 2011; 33 (3): 150-156.
- Buchynska L.G., Iurchenko N.P., Grinkevych V.M., Nesina I.P., Chekhun S.V., Svintsitsky V.S. Expression of the estrogene and progesterone receptors as prognostic factor in serous ovarian cancer. Experimental Oncology 2009; 31 (1): 48-52.