Head of the Department — Tatjana V. Pyatchanina
Tel +38 (044) 259-01-67
- Patent and licensing activities
- Ensuring presentation of innovation developments in exhibitions
- Evaluation of the performance of individual research activities, research and educational activities
- Establishment of a scientific and educational information and reference internet resource focused on the prevention of breast cancer
- innovation, patenting, licensing, activity expo, breast cancer, database
The department is engaged in research, technical, scientific, organizational and methodological work.
Main areas of research
- Optimization of the innovation-related activities of the Kavetsky IEPOR, NAS of Ukraine, on the basis of the analysis of patent and licensing documentation and effectiveness of the implementation of scientific research
- Optimization of research and innovation-related activities of researchers of the Kavetsky IEPOR, NAS of Ukraine, by developing and implementing an automated information and computation criteria-based rating assessment of individual performance
- Study of the current scientific and clinical information on the primary prevention of breast cancer, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer and developing an integrated information system through the establishment of the Ukrainian Reference Information and Scientific and Educational Internet-Portal
Main areas of scientific and methodological activities
- Participation in activities to protect and ensure fair use of IPR
- Support of IEPOR's acquisition of ownership rights for IPR created as a result of scientific, technical and research activities and facilitating commercialization
- Information and analytical support of work dealing with the creation, protection and commercialization of IPR
- Implementation, together with other departments, of information retrievals, patent research, and patent market investigations during R&D
- Participation in drafting agreements on managing of intellectual property rights to which the IEPOR is a party
- Participation in the preparation and submission of IPR-related documents (applications) to competent organs for patenting in Ukraine in accordance with national procedures
- Participation in the preparation and ensuring of the conclusion of legally stipulated agreements with the authors of IPR and monitoring their implementation
Main areas of scientific and organizational activities
- Participation in the activities dealing with the organization of scientific, technical and research work in the field of intellectual property in the IEPOR. Direct participation in these activities
- Preparation of Chapter IX of the annual IEPOR's report on international activities together with the academic secretary of the IEPOR
- Preparation of materials for the annual IEPOR's report on patent-licensing activities together with the academic secretary of the IEPOR
- Organization and reception of foreign delegations and international foreign visitors with the institution's management and other departments. Preparation of reporting materials
- Ensuring the organization and conducting of scientific forums, and ensuring the IEPOR's participation in international and national fairs, exhibitions, festivals and events dedicated to the Day of the Fight against Cancer, along with other departments and the Council of Young Scientists of the Institute
- Direct involvement in the development of educational and promotional materials, ensuring media coverage
Research program of the department
- 2009-2011: Implementation of research entitled «Development and approbation of rating criteria of the efficiency of scientific and innovative activity of employees of R.E. Kavetsky IEPOR, NAS of Ukraine».
This research resulted in the creation of the Automated Data Processing System (ADPS) entitled «Researcher's Questionnaire» using a rating technology based on differentiated performance indicators. The ADPS is designed for rating of the effectiveness of research and innovation by researchers in the natural science institutions subordinated to various departments (NAS, NAMS, Ministry of Education and Science and NAAS of Ukraine).
- 2012-2014: Implementation of research entitled «Development of an information web portal for primary prevention, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer».
Implementation of the project will be instrumental in developing an information system in the form of specialized scientific and educational Internet portal targeted at professionals and citizens interested in the information about primary prevention of breast cancer, nature of the disease, diagnosis and treatment, which will increase the cancer alertness of the Ukrainian population. The project will also help promote healthy lifestyles.
- 2012-2016: Implementation of research entitled «Analysis of Modern Post-Genomic Studies in the area of Breast Cancer and Developing on this basis of an Information Resource Focused on the Molecular Pathogenesis of Breast Cancer» as part of the program of scientific research of the Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Molecular Biology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine «Functional Genomics and Metabolomics in Systems Biology».
It is expected that this research will help create an information environment in the form of an Internet resource for professionals in the field of experimental and clinical oncology, in particular, breast cancer. The resource can be used to support the planning and conduct of research. It will also be used as a teaching tool for advanced training of specialists in oncology, as well as for training in higher education institutions specialized in medicine and biology.
- 23rd International Symposium «Pressing Problems of Science and Technology and Innovation Policies in the Context of the European Research Space: Experience and Outlooks», June 16-17, 2010, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- SAIT 2010. International scientific and technical conference «System-Oriented Analysis and Information Technologies», May 25-29, 2010, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- SAIT 2011. International scientific and technical conference «System-Oriented Analysis and Information Technologies», May 23-28, 2011, Kyiv Ukraine.
- International Symposium «Innovation Policy and Legislation in the European Union and Ukraine: Formation, Experience, Areas of Convergence» (24th Kyiv Symposium on Science Studies and Scientific and Technological Forecasting), Kyiv, Ukraine, June 2-3, 2011.
- 12th Congress of Ukrainian Oncologists, September 20-22, 2011, Sudak, Autonomous Republic of Crimea.
- 9th International Conference «Strategy of Quality in the Industry and Education», May 31 – June 7, 2013, Varna, Bulgaria.
- 4th International Forum «Development Challenges of the Information Society», November 26-29, 2013, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Chekhun V.F. Pyatchanina T.V. Approaches to improve the mechanisms of implementation in practical health care of Ukraine using highly innovative technologies for diagnostics and treatment of cancer. «Problems and Prospects of Innovative Development of the Economy in the Context of Overcoming the Global Financial Crisis». Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Scientific-Practical Conference on Innovation. Alushta, Sept. 14-19, 2009, 216-220.
- Dvorschenko O.S., Pyatchanina T.V., Shepelenko I.V., Shama O.V. Informetrics methods for analyzing innovation activities of biomedical research institutions. Ukrainian Journal of Telemedicine and Medical Telematics, 2010; 8 (1), p. 30-35.
- Pyatchanina T.V., Dvorschenko O.S., Shepelenko I.V., Shama O.M., Buchynska L.G., Chekhun V.F. Technology of comprehensive assessment of innovative potential of biomedical scientific research (the case of Kavetsky IEPOR, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine). Scientific and Technical Information, 2011, 1 (47):8 -12.
- Pyatchanina T.V. Rating system for evaluation of scientific activity. Interview with T.V. Pyatchanina, head of the Department for Scientific and Methodological Support of Innovation of the Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Newsletter of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2012, No. 4, p. 60-64
- Piatchanina T.V., Dvorshchenko O.S., Kulikov V.M., Shepelenko I.V. Assessing scientists performance as a basiis for quality management of scientific activities. 8th International Conference «Strategy of Quality in the Industry and Education», June 8-15, 2012, Varna, Bulgaria, 2012, v. 2, p. 125-129.
- Chekhun V.F., Shepelenko I.V. Cancer education in Ukraine. ecancer 2013, 7:369 DOI: 10.3332/ecancer. 2013., 369, P.1-8.
- Dvorschenko O.S., Kulikov V.M., Pyatchanina T.V. Rating evaluation of individual research activities in natural science academic institutions. System Research and Information Technologies, 2013, No. 4
- Dvorschenko O.S., P'yatchanina T.V., Kulikov V.M. Software A Program for Administration of Databases of the Information and Computation System for Ranking Evaluation of a Researcher Engaged in a Natural Science Institution (Rating).
- Kulikov V.M., Dvorschenko O.S., Pyatchanina T.V. Software A Program for Administration of Databases of the Information and Computation System for Ranking Evaluation of a Researcher Engaged in a Natural Science Institution (Rating DB). Certificate of Copyright Registration No. 42036 dated 02.02.2012.
- Chekhun V.F., Buchynska L.G., Pyatchanina T.V., et al. Collected Works «Scientific and Educational Lectures by Oncologists as a Means to Protect the Health Ukrainian Youth». Certificate of Copyright Registration No. 46537 dated 27.11.2012.
Employees of the department have expertise to:
- Preparing reports and registration of patent research in accordance with the Ukrainian National Standard (DSTU) No. 3575-97 in the planning and completion of research and planning of dissertations;
- Performing information retrieval according to DSTU No. 3575-97 in the planning and completion of research and planning of dissertations;
- Carrying out activities to ensure the protection of intellectual rights and accounting of the implementation of intangible assets created in R.E. Kavetsky IEPOR, NAS of Ukraine in the economic circulation;
- Evaluating the performance of research activities with the help of Automated Data Processing System «Researcher's Questionnaire» developed in the IEPOR using a rating technology based on differentiated performance indicators, namely:
- rating of the individual performance of research and innovative activities of researchers in the natural science institutions subordinated to various departments (NAS, MOH, NAMS, Ministry of Education, Science, Youth and Sports, and NAAS of Ukraine).
- Conducting lectures as part of socio-educational project «Scientific and Educational Lectures by Oncologists as a Means to Protect the Health of Ukrainian Youth» focusing on the primary prevention of cancer, for students, parents and teachers:
— «Oncology: Basic Ideas»
— «Environmental Factors and Cancer»
— «Role of Hereditary Factors in the Development of Malignant Tumors»
— «Hormones and Cancer»
— «Specifics of Tumor Cells»
— «Modern Experimental Methods and Models for Cancer Research»
— «Modern Methods of Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer Patients»
— «Modern Diagnostic Methods in Oncology»
— «Current Treatment Methods for Cancer Patients»
— «Prevention of Cancer»
— «Healthy Lifestyle to Prevent Malignant Tumors»
Number of employees — 14: 7 holders of Ph.D., 6 research fellows, 2 leading engineers, 2 engineers, 1 post-graduate student.