Head of the Department — Vasyl F. Chekhun
Academician of NAS of Ukraine, Prof., Dr.Sci.(Med.)
Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine
Laureate of the State Prize in Science and Technology of Ukraine
Laureate of the R.E. Kavetsky Award of NAS of Ukraine
Tel +38 (044) 259-01-83
Fax +38 (044) 258-16-56
- Screening, preclinical and clinical studies of biologically active anticancer compounds
- Study of molecular mechanisms of natural and acquired resistance of tumor cells in vitro and in vivo
- Studies of cytomorphological and ultrastructural effects of antitumor drugs
- Nanosystems of target transport in cancer: molecular mechanisms of interaction and transformation in biological systems
- Molecular epidemiology of metal-containing proteins in normal and transformed cells and their role in tumor and host interactions
- drug resistance, molecular markers, nanotechnologies in oncology, individualization of antitumor therapy
- Identifying new markers and targets for pharmacocorrection based on study of genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of cell transformation; effects of signal transduction
- Defining of elements of biology system as a basis of personalized diagnostics and monitoring the effectiveness of anticancer therapy
- Testing of nanomaterials in normal and tumor cells in vitro and in vivo, for assessment of risk of their negative impact on human health
List of modern methods
- Immunocyto- and immunohistochemistry, immunoferment assay, flow cytofluorymetry, PCR, real-time PCR, chemiluminescence assay, spectrometry
- NAS of Ukraine (2010-2014) «Development of biodrugs (biomolecules) based on RNA-based technologies for correction of molecular disorders, found in tumor cells» of the target complex interdisciplinary program of the NAS of Ukraine studies «Fundamental basis of molecular and cellular biotechnologies»
- NAS of Ukraine (2010-2014) «Biological activity and safety of nanomaterials, which might be used in development of vector systems of antitumor drugs» according to state target program «Nanotechnologies and nanomaterials»
- NAS of Ukraine (2010-2014) Complex project «Interaction of nanostructural materials with normal and tumor cells, development of delivery methods, safety of their use», which is performed according to target complex program of NAS of Ukraine fundamental studies «Fundamental problems of nanostructural systems, nanomaterials and nanotechnologies»
- State agency for science, innovations and informatisation of Ukraine (2011-2012) «Development of technology of synthesis of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and a drug on its basis»
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (2009-2010) «Action of nanocompounds on organism during tumor growth and oxidative stress»
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (2009-2010) «Molecular mechanisms of breast and ovarian tumors resistance to cytostatic therapy
- UNTC (2006-2008) «Studies of biological activity of magnetosensitive nanocapsules on human tumor cell lines of different histogenesis»
- IOCA (2005-2008) «Interlaboratory comparison of oncogenicity testing results in ovo»
- Russian Federation, Kazan, 5 October 2013, International scientific-practical conference with international participation «Ways of development of nuclear medicine methods and personalization in diagnostics and treatment of malignant neoplasms»
- Lithuania, Druskininkai, 21 September 2013, International conference «From laboratory table to patients' bed: problems of cancer patients' therapy»
- Belgium, Brussels, 15 May 2013, Meeting of the General Assembly of the OECI
- France, Paris, 4-7 March 2013, ХІth International congress on target antitumor therapy (ТАТ, 2013)
- Kazakhstan, Astana, 31 August — 8 September 2012, VIIth meeting of NIS oncologists and radiologists
- Germany, Berlin, 2-6 May 2012, European Oncological Forum (OECI)
- Netherlands, Amsterdam, 16-19 June 2011, Organisation of the European Cancer Institutes (OECI)
- Russian Federation, Tomsk, 10-11 September 2009, Russian scientific-practical conference with international participation, dedicated to 30th anniversary of Institute of Oncology, Siberian Department of RAMS «Current oncology: achievements and perspectives of development»
- Sweden, Stockholm, September 2008, ESMO International Congress
- Germany, Essen, September 2008, «German-Ukrainian Symposium on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology»
- France, Lyon, 26-30 June 2008, 21st Meeting of the EACR
- Switzerland, St. Gallen, 5-8 March 2008, «Cancer Prevention»
In 2008-2013 — 8 monographs, 158 articles, and 44 patents were published
- Berezhnaya N.M. Interleukin families: biology and oncogenesis. — Кiev: Naukova Dumka, 2013. — 575 p. (Rus)
- Malignant neoplasms of haematopoetic system: Doctor's guide/ Eds. V.F. Chekhun, O.V. Ponomariova. — Кiev: Doctor-Media, 2012. — 590 p. (Rus)
- Nanomaterials and nanocomposites in medicine, biology, ecology / Eds. A.P. Shpak, V.F. Chekhun. — Кyiv: Naukova Dumka, 2011. — 444 p. (Ukr)
- Biofunctionalization of nanomaterials and nanocomposites: Textbook / P.P. Gorbyk, S.V. Gorobets. M.P. Turelyk, V.F. Chekhun, A.P. Shpak. — Кyiv: Naukova Dumka, 2011. — 294 p. (Ukr)
- Oncology. Selected lectures for students and doctors / Ed. V.F. Chekhun — Кyiv: Zdorovya Ukrainy, 2010. — 770 p. (Ukr)
- Manifestation of key molecular genetic markers in pharmacocorrection of endogenous iron metabolism in MCF-7 and MCF-7/DDP human breast cancer cells / V. Chekhun, N. Lukianova, D. Demash et al. // Cell Biol. — 2013. — V. 2, № 4. — P. 217-227.
- Iron metabolism disturbances in the MCF-7 human breast cancer cells with acquired resistance to doxorubicin and cisplatin / V.F. Chekhun, N.Yu. Lukianova, A.P. Burlaka et al. // Int. J. Oncol. — 2013. — V. 43, N 5. — P. 1481-1486.
- Expression of biomarkers related to cell adhesion, metastasis and invasion of breast cancer cell lines of different molecular subtype / S. Chekhun, N. Bezdenezhnykh, J. Shvets et al. // Exp. Oncology. — 2013. — V. 35, No. 3. — Р. 174-179.
- Changes in genome stability and mitochondrial potential of tumor cells in vivo / V.F. Chekhun, Yu.V. Lozovska, N.Yu. Lukianova et al. // Cytology and genetics. — 2013. — V. 47, № 4. — P. 46-52. (Ukr)
- Alteration in lipid composition of plasma membranes of sensitive and resistant Guerin carcinoma cells due to the action of free and liposomal form of cisplatin / V.F. Chekhun, L.A. Naleskina, I.N. Todor et al. // Exp. Oncology. — 2013. — V. 35, N 3. — P. 192-197.
- Reactive changes of cytophysiological properties, molecular-biological profile and functional metabolic status of cells in vitro with different sensitivity to cytostatic agents under the influence of magnetic fluid / N.Yu. Lukianova, L.A. Naleskina, N.O. Bezdenezhnykh et al. // Cancer Res. J. — 2013. — V. 1, N 1. — P. 7-14.
- Evaluation of biological effects of nanosystems of directed transport in experiments in vivo and their application possibilities in anti-tumor therapy / V.F. Chekhun, L.A. Naleskina, L.Z. Polischuk et al. // Advances in Nanoparticles. — 2013. — N 2. — P. 145-153.
- Berezhnaya N.M. Toll-like receptors and oncogenesis // Oncology. — 2013. — V. 15, N 2. — P. 76-87.
- Evaluation of biological effects and possible mechanisms of action of static magnetic field / V.F. Chekhun, D.V. Demash, L.A. Naleskina // Fiziologichny zhurnal. — 2012. — V. 58, № 3. — P. 85-94. (Ukr)
- The lipid content of cisplatin- and doxorubicin-resistant MCF-7 human breast cancer cells / I.N. Todor, N.Yu. Lukyanova, V.F. Chekhun // Exp. Oncology. — 2012. — V. 34, N 2. — P. 97-100.
- Chekhun V.F. From system biology of cancer to methodology of personalized treatment // Oncology. — 2012. — V. 14, № 2. — P. 84-88. (Rus)
- Visualization of the features of the distribution and accumulation of iron nanoparticles in human breast cancer cells sensitive and resistant to antitumor drugs after cultivation with liposomal ferromagnetic during various time intervals / L.A. Naleskina, N.Yu. Lukyanova, L.N. Kunskaya et al. // Cytology and genetics. — 2011. — V. 45, N 6. — P. 395-399.
- Chekhun V.F. Development of new drug forms based on nanocomposite materials for solution of modern problems in oncology // Nanosystems, nanomaterials, nanotechnologies: Article book . — К. — 2011. — V. 9, № 1. — P. 261-274 (Ukr)
- Chekhun V.F. Nanotechnologies in oncology: perspectives of development and unseen difficulties // The Lancet Oncology, Ukrainian Edition. — 2010. — № 4 (14). — P. 2-3 (Rus)
- Ultrastructural and some functional changes in tumor cells treated with stabilized iron oxide nanoparticles / O.V. Yurchenko, I.N. Todor, I.K. Khayetsky et al. // Exp. Oncology. — 2010. — Vol. 32, N 4. — P. 237-242.
- Berezhnaya N.M. Interaction between tumor and immune system: the role of tumor cell biology// Exp. Oncology. — 2010. — Vol. 32, N 3. — P. 159-166.
- Chekhun V.F. The concept «Tumor and Host» in the post-genomic era // Exp. Oncology. — 2010. — Vol. 32, N 3. — P. 120-124.
- Chekhun V.F., Shpilevaya S.I. Role of endogenous iron in formation of tumor sensitivity to antitumor therapy // Voprosy Onkologii . — 2010. — V. 56, № 3. — P. 251-261. (Rus)
- The use of nanoferromagnetic to increase the cytotoxic effect of antitumor drugs /V.F. Chekhun, I.N. Todor, N.Yu. Lukyanova et al. // Exp. Oncology. — 2009. — Vol. 31, N 3. — P. 163-167.
- Expression of E-cadherin in drug resistant human breast cancer cells and their sensitivity to lymphokine-activated lymphocytes action/ N.M. Berezhnaya, О.B. Belova, Yu.D. Vinnichuk et al. // Exp. Oncology. — 2010. — Vol. 31, N 4. — P. 242-245.
- Involvement of microRNA-451 in resistance of the MCF-7 breast cancer cells to chemotherapeutic drug doxorubicin / O. Kovalchuk, J. Filkowski, J. Meservy, Ya. Ilnytskyy, V. Tryndyak, V. Chekhun, I. Pogribny // Mol. Cancer Therapy. — 2008. — Vol. 47, № 7. — P. 2152-2159.
Selected methodical recomendations
- Correction of homocysteine disturbances in breast cancer patients / V.F. Chekhun, L.A. Naleskina, T.V. Prizimirska, N.Yu. Lukianova, O.V. Yurchenko, Yu.V. Lozovska, G.I. Kulik, I.I. Smolanka. — К., 2008. — 21 p.
- Use of antitumor autovaccine in complex therapy of oncological patients / V.F. Chekhun, I.B. Schepotin, G.P. Potebnya, G.S. Lisovenko, I.I. Boyko. — К., 2008. — 23 p.
- Individualization of breast cancer patients treatment by identification of predictive tumoral and extratumoral markers of sensitivity to therapy and disease monitoring
- Testing of nanomaterials of different origin on normal and tumor cells, calculation of hazard of their negative impact
- Preclinical studies of toxicological features and antitumor activity of natural and synthetic compounds
- E.O. Paton Institute of electrowelding, NAS of Ukraine
- F.D. Ovcharenko Institute of biocolloid chemistry, NAS of Ukraine
- Institute in inorganic chemistry, NAS of Ukraine
- O.V. Palladin Institute of biochemistry, NAS of Ukraine
- Institute of organic chemistry, NAS of Ukraine
- O.O. Chuyko Institute of surface chemistry, NAS of Ukraine
- Institute of electrodynamics, NAS of Ukraine
- Institute of molecular biology and genetics, NAS of Ukraine
- Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- Institute of oncology of Vilnius University, Republic of Lithuania
- Institute of physiology, NAS of RB, Minsk, Republic of Belarus
- On the 50th anniversary of the R.E. Kavetsky Institute of experimental pathology, oncology and radiobiology (2010) scientists of the department were presented diplomas from Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Presidium of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv state administration and Kyiv region administrations
- On the 95th anniversary of the NAS of Ukraine (November 2013) academician of NAS of Ukraine V.F. Chekhun was awarded with the «Order of Merit» (III grade); and N.Yu. Lukianova was awarded by the NAS of Ukraine medal «For professional achievements»
- Lukianova N.Yu (2007-2009) — International Laboratory Scholarship, (2009-2010) — President of Ukraine scholarship for young scientists